Enjoy some great international softball action this weekend at Siam Polo Park.The Pacific-Wide International U.S. Military Softball tournament will be held at the Siam Polo Park in East Pattaya from May 25-27. There will be 13 military and civilian teams of more than 200 players from China, Japan, Korea and Thailand who will compete in slow-pitch softball. Games will be played from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. each of the 3 days.This is the first of two International tournaments to be played this year at the Siam Polo Park. The second tournament will run November 16-18. Everyone is welcome to come out and watch the games. There will be a wide variety of western food and drinks available for purchase at the venue.For directions to the venue, visit: www.facebook.com/siampoloparkacademy.
SINGLE TICKET RAINBOW PICK SIX JACKPOT CARRYOVER OF $551,262 INTO SATURDAY AT SANTA ANITA; ADMISSION FOR PREAKNESS DAY SIMULCAST WAGERING OPEN AT 7 A.M. & FIRST POST TIME FOR A 10-RACE CARD LOCALLY IS AT 12 NOONELEVEN CONSOLATION TICKETS WITH SIX WINS EACH WORTH $5,900.60ARCADIA, Calif. (May 17, 2019)–With Santa Anita’s admission gates opening at 7 a.m. for a tremendous Preakness Day undercard from Pimlico Race Course, fans will also be treated to a 20 cent Single Ticket Rainbow Pick Six carryover of $551,262.With $121,496 in “new” money contributing to a total Jackpot pool today of $644,941, there was no single ticket winner, but 11 consolation tickets with six wins were each worth $5,900.60.First post time for a 10-race card locally is at 12 noon. The Rainbow Six will start tomorrow with race five, which has an approximate post time of 2:19 p.m. PT.With 62 horses entered and eligible to run, Saturday’s Rainbow Six boasts average field size of better than 10 runners per race.For additional information, please visit santaanita.com or call (626) 574-RACE.
According The athletic, the options were two. On the one hand it was Joshua King, the Norwegian of Bournemouth who have been following for some time, and on the other Odion Ighalo, the Nigerian of Shanghai Shenhua who in his day we could see in the Pomegranate. It was the last day of the winter transfer window and Manchester United needed a striker in a hurry, both for the performance of the team during the season, as the recent injuries in attack. Premier League* Data updated as of February 18, 2020 25 7 And by the last day of the transfer market, the executive vice president, Ed woodward, made a call to Neill baker, the president of Bournemouth. In it he gave an ultimatum: “You have fifteen minutes to tell us if you accept the offer or we will sign a player from China.” At that time they had offered 25 million pounds, that is, 30 million euros. Nevertheless, the English club did not accept the offer on time, so United met its threat and finally Ighalo was chosen, who traveled even without passing the corresponding medical examination. The Nigerian striker has not yet been able to train with the rest of his teammates for the precautions that are being taken because of the coronavirus since he is coming from China, although it is expected to enter the next team calls.
ANKARA Turkey (AP): Turkish 10,000-metre runner Elvan Abeylegesse could be stripped of silver medals from the world championships and Olympics after testing positive for steroids in a reanalysis of her doping samples. The Turkish Athletics Federation says Abeylegesse was among the 28 athletes whose doping samples came back positive in retroactive testing from the 2005 and 2007 World Championships. The federation said the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) has asked the 32-year-old Ethiopian-born Abeylegesse to submit her defence concerning test samples from 2007, when she won silver in the 10,000 in Osaka, Japan. The IAAF announced Tuesday that 28 athletes had been caught in retests of their samples from the 2005 and 2007 worlds. The IAAF said it had provisionally suspended the athletes, who were not identified. Turkish newspaper Radikal said Abeylegesse’s sample tested positive for the steroid stanozolol. “I never used such a substance and never even thought about it,” Abeylegesse said. “I am experiencing deep disillusionment and sadness.” She said she was also asking the IAAF to retest samples from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, where she won silver in the 5,000 and 10,000 metres. If doping violations are confirmed, medals will be reallocated as necessary, the IAAF said. If Abeylegesse is stripped of the 2007 silver, US runner Kara Goucher would stand to be bumped up from bronze to silver. If Abeylegesse loses the Beijing Olympic medals, Shalane Flanagan of the US could be promoted to silver in the 10,000, and Ethiopia’s Meseret Defat moved up to silver in the 5,000. Zaman newspaper said the Turkish federation dropped Abeylegesse from the national team. It said she can ask for her backup ‘B’ sample to be tested but would be banned for two years if it also comes back positive.
MUMBAI, India (AP): India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni blamed dew, which he said affected spin bowling and two no-balls for his team’s seven-wicket loss against West Indies at the World Twenty20 semi-final yesterday. “When they started batting, the first few overs were fine, but after that, there was a considerable amount of dew, which meant the spinners couldn’t bowl how they would have liked to,” Dhoni said. Lendl Simmons’ blistering unbeaten 82 off 51 balls was well supported by Johnson Charles’ 52 off 36 deliveries before André Russell smashed 43 off just 20 balls to help guide West Indies to 196-3. India had scored 192-2 on the back of Virat Kohli’s unbeaten 92, the No. 3 batsman’s third unbeaten half-century in the tournament after his 55 against arch-rival Pakistan and 82 not out against Australia. India had their moments to come back into the match, which ultimately ended up in a one-sided victory for the 2012 champions, West Indies. Twice, India got rid of Simmons, first, when the right-hander was on 18, and then when he reached 50, only to see the bowlers overstepping the crease and bowling no-balls. “The only thing I’m disappointed about is the two no-balls,” Dhoni said. “I feel that the point at which the no-balls were bowled were quite crucial. “A no-ball is something that can be avoided, especially the front foot no-ball … the only thing is that if you don’t want to bowl a no-ball, you should never bowl a no-ball.”
View comments MOST READ SEA GAMES 2019: PH’s Nesthy Petecio boxing featherweight final (HIGHLIGHTS) PLAY LIST 02:11SEA GAMES 2019: PH’s Nesthy Petecio boxing featherweight final (HIGHLIGHTS)03:47PH’s Charly Suarez boxing lightweight final (HIGHLIGHTS)00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defense OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Scottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. “We lost to a better fighter last night,” said Villamor. “It was a great fight, thank you for all your support.”READ: Melindo falls to Taguchi in unification bout FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkTaguchi (27-2-2) also won the vacant Ring Magazine junior flyweight in a fight that he took in the pivotal third and fourth rounds.After Melindo controlled the first two, Taguchi managed to create space as he kept darting in and out of the Filipino’s range. Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson LATEST STORIES Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew WBA champion Ryoichi Taguchi, right, of Japan gets a punch from IBF champion Milan Melindo of the Philippines in the fourth round of their world light flyweight boxing unification title match in Tokyo, Sunday, Dec. 31, 2017. Taguchi beat Melindo by a unanimous decision to win the both titles. (AP Photo/Toru Takahashi)Milan Melindo’s trainer had nothing but respect for Ryoichi Taguchi after the Japanese slugger unified the WBA and IBF junior flyweight belts at the expense of his fighter on New Year’s Eve in Tokyo, Japan.Edito Villamor took to his Twitter account to show appreciation to Taguchi, who outpointed Melindo 117-111, 117-111, 116-112, Sunday night.ADVERTISEMENT ‘We’re not weak’: Thai trans boxer to blaze trail in France Taguchi then effectively had his best three minutes of the fight in the 10th as he outslugged Melindo heading into the championship rounds.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson
– 9M used to complete Durban ParkFinance Minister Winston Jordan on Thursday presented to the National Assembly, a breakdown of almost $3 billion, which the Administration has begun spending in addition to the 2016 National Budget.The expenditure has since revealed that in excess of $406 million was used for the completion of the Durban Park Development Project to facilitate the hosting of Guyana’s 50th anniversary celebrations. This is in addition to the $73 million that had already been allocated in the National Budget for the Durban Park project, under the Public Infrastructure Ministry.Financial Paper 1/2006, which was presented to the House Minister Jordan and represents advances already made from the Contingency Fund, details the monies that would have been used by the Ministries of Agriculture and Public Health, and the Guyana Defence Force (GDF).The Contingency Fund was established as a sub-fund to the Consolidated Fund, commonly referred to as the Treasury. Under the FMA, “The Minister, when satisfied that an urgent, unavoidable and unforeseen need for expenditure has arisen – (a) for which no moneys have been appropriated or for which the sum appropriated is insufficient; (b) for which moneys cannot be reallocated as provided for under this Act; or (c) which cannot be deferred without injury to the public interest, may approve a Contingencies Fund advance as an expenditure out of the Consolidated Fund.”According to the breakdown provided by the Finance Minister, $234 million was spent by the Agriculture Ministry as part of its subsidies and contributions to local organisations. The details provided by Minister Jordan revealed that $193 million went to the National Drainage and Irrigation Authority (NDIA) due to the increase in expenditure resulting from the unexpected and prolonged dry season as a result of the El Niño phenomenon.The Public Health Ministry also utilised an additional $63.5 million to pay rental for the storage of pharmaceuticals between March and June of this year, in addition to payments for rental to the Linden Holding Company, “as per Cabinet decision for the month of July 2016” in addition to the payment of a security deposit.The GDF, according to the Financial paper presented by Minister Jordan, was the recipient of substantial sums of money, in addition to what was voted for in the 2016 Budget. The document revealed that $20 million was used by the GDF “as provision to offset expenses for the procurement of maps and writing materials which aided in the development of Orders and other related documents in support of the 46th Republic anniversary celebrations, 50th Independence anniversary celebrations and intensifying operation DRAGNET.”The GDF also benefited from an additional $54 million, and according to the Finance Minister’s breakdown, this money was utilised for “operational readiness of ranks for parades that ensured the success of operation DRAGNET over the 46th Republic Day and 50th independence anniversary celebrations. The Finance Minister also submitted a second financial paper totalling just over $2 billion to be spent by a number of Government budget agencies including the recently established Telecommunications Ministry.According to the Financial document presented to the House, that Ministry was only Gazzetted in January of this year and was in the process of formulating an annual work plan at the time of Budget 2016.As such, that Ministry has been allocated almost half a billion dollars to offset its operational expenses for 2016.According to the financial document, the Telecommunications Ministry, under the aegis of substantive Minister Cathy Hughes, will receive monies to be used for the rental and maintenance of buildings under its control, including the LTE sites which forms part of the infrastructure for government’s E-Governance Project.The University of Guyana (UG) is also slated to benefit from in excess of $100 million as a subvention/grant from the Education Ministry.According to the accompanying explanation in the financial documents, the money is in part for the re-accreditation of the School of Medicine. Another $89 million is also said to be used for the “expansion of student and staff research and development which is mandatory for all universities and colleges globally.”It was pointed out that the University of Guyana is obliged to fund all aspects of the costs associated with the site visit of the School of Medicine for the re-accreditation.Another of the provisions being requested by the Finance Minister is the sum of $501 million. That money, according to the Finance Minister’s Financial Paper, a “provision to meet payment in accordance with the settlement agreement in regards to the Hags Bosch landfill site.”It was explained in the financial document that Government had made a settlement agreement with the operator of Haags Bosh landfill site totalling $1.8 billion.Payments to that operator – BK International – will be made in three tranches, according to the financial document laid out by Minister Jordan.The supplementary request for the payment to BK is said to facilitate 68 per cent of the payments in 2016 with the remaining amount to come out of the 2017 Budget.The document also outlined that $194 million has been identified for the acquisition of two engines for the aging MV Kimbia. Other allocations in Financial Paper 2/2016 also targets the rehabilitation and equipping of the National Data Management Authority building to facilitate the establishment of the Centre of Excellence for Information Technology and provisions for the Civil Defence Commission for the establishment of the national Emergency Monitoring System.The Special Organised Crime Unit (SOCU) also benefits from a $20 milliom allocation as part of additional resources to pay for salaries and related operational expenses of the Unit, since SOCU is now shifted to the Public Security Ministry from the Ministry of the Presidency.Minister Jordan, following his presentation to the House, indicated that Government is looking to have the provisions scrutinised and voted on Monday, when the House meets for its final session before proceeding on its annual recess.While in Opposition, the A Partnership for National Unity/Alliance For Change (APNU/AFC) coalition had consistently criticised the then People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C) Administration for its resort to the Contingency Fund, as being reflective of bad budgetary planning in addition to an abuse of the Fund.During 2014, the then PPP/C Administration under the hand of Finance Minister, Dr Ashni Singh, had resorted to extra-budgetary measures to the tune of $4.5 billion; monies the then APNU/AFC had labelled ‘illegal spending.’
Click on the video above to see the fantastic preview video of Burtonport fighter Joseph Duffy making his highly anticipated return to Cage Warriors at The Helix, Dublin on August 16th. All eyes are on Duffy as he makes his return after a three-year sabbatical away from the sport. Duffy has claimed notable scalps in the form of Norman Parke and Conor McGregor and has an impressive record of 10-1.UFC fight fans are delighted to see Duffy back and are hoping he makes a big impact at The Helix next month.Hundreds of Donegal supporters are expected to make their way to The Helix to support the popular fighter as he makes his long awaited return to the sport. DDTV: WATCH VIDEO PREVIEW OF DONEGAL FIGHTER SET TO RETURN TO CAGE WARRIORS NEXT MONTH was last modified: July 25th, 2014 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cage WarriorsDDTVJoseph DuffynewsSportUFC
Liverpool flop Lazar Markovic has been a failure at Anfield since a £20million move. He joined Anderlecht in January last season and didn’t make his debut until late February due to fitness issues, but eventually made eight appearances, and scored once.The Belgians were willing to snap the player up for a cut-price £2.9million but it fell through on deadline day, and it is the player himself who reportedly caused the deal to fail, with wages seeming to be the stumbling point.Anderlecht boss Hein Vanhaezebrouck said: “Our president and sports director did everything to convince Markovic. They waited until Liverpool lowered the price. They almost did a crazy effort for the player, but it wasn’t enough. It’s his own fault that the deal fell through.” 1 Liverpool midfielder Lazar Markovic has been blamed after his proposed transfer to Anderlecht fell through.The Serbian star has been a flop at Anfield following a £20million move in 2014 and spent time on loan with four different clubs.
Adel Taarabt is set to return to action later today.Taarabt, recently involved in an extraordinary public fall-out with manager Harry Redknapp, is due to play for QPR’s development side in a match against Swansea this afternoon.He has been accused of being overweight and unfit to play by Redknapp and missed training last week because of illness.But Redknapp has insisted the Moroccan can expect to be given a first-team recall if he proves his fitness.“Absolutely he is in my thoughts,” Redknapp said.“We need him fit and need him available. I’ve told Adel that but it’s up to him now.”See also:Taarabt lambasted by furious QPR bossHarry rapped over handling of Taarabt rowWarnock sympathises with Harry over rowRedknapp does not regret Taarabt attackQPR v Aston Villa player ratingsNo Taarabt as QPR Under-21s battle backFollow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook