WPB Mayor Keith James Invites You to a Town Virtual Hall

first_imgDear West Palm Beach neighbor:I am writing to invite you to a virtual community Town Hall tonight at 5 p.m.These past few weeks have once again brought the issues of social justice, racial equity, and police/community relations to the forefront. What would victory in these areas look like for West Palm Beach?Join us for the Town Hall. We will share updates coming out of the City and community, answer your questions, and receive your comments. This virtual event is FREE and open to the public.Joining us for the Town Hall will be: Hon. Lois Frankel, U.S. Representative (FL-District 21), Hon. David Kerner, Palm Beach County Mayor, Hon. David Aronberg, Palm Beach County State Attorney, West Palm Beach Police Chief Franklin Adderley, Bishop A. J. Wright, Manifest Church Head Pastor, Patrick Franklin, Urban League of PBC President & CEO, and Rick Reikenis, Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches Chair.To join the webinar via Zoom, just click this link: https://zoom.us/j/98307633955. Written questions, comments and feedback may be submitted live via the Zoom webinar.You may also listen to the Town Hall via the phone by dialing: (888) 475-4499 or (877) 853-5257 (Webinar ID: 983 0763 3955). We will also broadcast the Town Hall LIVE on Facebook, WPB-TV, YouTube and on our website.If you would like to submit a question or comment but won’t be able to join the Zoom event, you may do so on our website. Please visit: https://www.wpb.org/government/communications/virtual-town-hall. If you miss the Town Hall, don’t worry. We will rebroadcast it on all of our channels.I hope you can join us. This will be the first of many conversations, actions and collaborations held in our city with the goals of developing a mutual understanding among our residents and strengthening the unity in our community. Working together, we can make progress for an even better West Palm Beach.Yours in service,Keith A. James, Mayorlast_img read more

Premier League clubs vote against  use of five substitutes next season

first_img(REUTERS) – English Premier League clubs voted against continuing to allow the use of five substitutes in each game next season at their annual general meeting (AGM) on Thursday.Clubs were allowed to increase the number of substitutes from three per match in the 2019-20 campaign when the league restarted in June, after a three-month hiatus due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.Teams will revert to using up to three substitutes per match in the 2020-21 campaign, with a maximum of seven substitutes on the bench, the league said here in a statement. Soccer’s rule-making body IFAB, in May, changed the rules governing the maximum number of substitutes, looking to help teams battling possible fixture congestion as they tried to complete the season in a short period of time.The IFAB said last month that teams could continue to use up to five substitutes next season, but left it up to individual federations and leagues to decide if they wanted to adopt the rule.The Premier League added that clubs had also unanimously agreed to implement global soccer governing body FIFA’s guidelines on the implementation of video-assistant referees (VAR). The most significant change is likely to be an increased use of pitchside monitors by the on-field referee. Under the current VAR system in England all video reviews are made at the league’s VAR hub at Stockley Park.VAR was a source of significant controversy in England’s top-flight this season, with decisions to disallow goals for players being marginally offside coming in for especially harsh criticism.There is some variation in how VAR is used in different countries, and FIFA last month took over responsibility for the system from the IFAB.FIFA wants to institute a uniform approach to VAR across countries and competitions, so that the laws of the game are implemented in the same way across the world.last_img read more