Advertisement FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Maguire’s lawyer Konstantinos Darivas was quoted by The Guardian as saying his client denies the allegations and is “fully convinced that he will be released without any charges”.But in a widely circulated statement, police spokesman Petros Vassilakis said: “When the brawl was all sorted out, one of the two groups – with the football player – started verbally abusing officers.“There were several policemen there. At some point, one of the three members of the group – they were aged 27, 28, and 29 – threw a swing at one of the policemen and a fight ensued.“All of the three were arrested but during the effort to do so, the other two, including the football player, got violent also. They threw down at least two policemen, hit them with their fists and kicked them.”Harry Maguire (baseball cap) is escorted by plain clothes police officers to the central police station on the island of Syros, west of Mykonos, after her was arrested last night for allegedly assaulting officers during a raucous night outRead Also: Conte throws Inter future into doubt after UEL defeatVassilakis added: “I can’t tell you what they were telling us. All English swear words against the authorities and against the work of the police.“They will appear before a state prosecutor on the island of Syros later today to be charged with aggravated assault.” Loading… Manchester United captain Harry Maguire is expected to be charged with aggravated assault after his involvement in an alleged incident with police officers in Mykonos.Maguire was detained along with two friends following an altercation with officers on the Greek island on Friday (AEST).Police were called to address a confrontation between two groups at a bar.England international Maguire, 27, arrived in Syros – the administrative centre of the region – on Saturday and is set to face charges. Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-FlowInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her Grandson7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without RechargingWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthTime Playing Video Games Can Have A Detrimental Effect On YouWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?
Rescue teams are now developing a recovery plan for the plane, which is 67m (207ft) below water.The man who found it said it was “imperative” it was raised from the seabed soon.“There’s a much greater chance they (the Sala family) will get answers if (the plane is) recovered,” said shipwreck hunter David Mearns.He added their “worst fears are confirmed”, saying: “It’s going to take a long time for them to come to terms with the loss.”The flight had been carrying Argentine striker Sala, 28, and Mr Ibbotson, 59, from Nantes, north west France, to Cardiff after Sala completed his £15m move to Cardiff City.The “substantial amount of wreckage” of the plane, was found on Sunday morning after Mr Mearns’ privately-funded search began.He said lifting the plane was now the most important task.Mr Mearns added: “(The AAIB) will be able to rule things out or rule things in, that’s the normal investigative process for any crash, so I think it’s imperative that the plane is recovered, and now even more so now we know someone is down there.”The recovery operation would need to take place in “slack water” – the point at which the tide is turning, he added.It would be conducted by a Ministry of Defence salvage marine operations vessel and Mr Mearns said one equipped for working in the North Sea with a dive support vessel would be able to lift the plane “within a matter of days”.Video footage recorded using a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) showed one person in the wreckage.The AAIB said it was consulting with the missing men’s families and police about the next step and intends to publish an interim report in the coming weeks.An online appeal started by Sala’s agent had raised £324,000 (371,000 euros) for the private search, which Mr Mearns offered to help with.Working jointly with the AAIB, his ship and another search vessel, the Geo Ocean III, began combing a four square mile area of the English Channel, 24 nautical miles north of Guernsey.Speaking on Radio 4’s Today programme on Monday, Mr Mearns said the plane was identified by sonar, before a submersible with cameras was sent underwater to confirm this.“They saw the registration number and the biggest surprise is that most of the plane is there – we were expecting to find a debris field,” he added.Meanwhile, Cardiff City football club said it was “actively considering” what to do with the tributes to Sala and Mr Ibbotson, from Crowle, Lincolnshire, which have been left outside the stadium.A growing number of items, such as scarves, flowers and football shirts, have been laid around the statue of the club’s FA Cup-winning captain Fred Keenor over the past two weeks.A spokesman said it will make a decision soon.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram A body has been seen in the underwater wreckage of the plane that was carrying footballer Emiliano Sala and pilot David Ibbotson.A search on Sunday found the Piper Malibu plane on the seabed off Guernsey, almost two weeks after it went missing.The Air Accident Investigation Branch confirmed the sighting on Monday.
Published on February 22, 2017 at 7:13 pm Contact Sam: [email protected] | @Sam4TR Facebook Twitter Google+ What now constitutes as “experienced” on Syracuse’s defense is less than a year spent as a starter.Evan Molloy, a backup 10 months ago, now barks orders from the net as a grizzled guru. Injuries and graduation have forced the redshirt senior into the leadership position on a defense with a former fourth man, a fresh-faced sophomore and transitioning long-stick midfielder. Molloy has an approach manicured over years of goaltending: Be really, really loud.“I make my voice really deep,” Molloy said, speaking normally. “It doesn’t sound like this. I’m yelling at people. It’s intense.”Syracuse’s current defense — Tyson Bomberry, Marcus Cunningham and Scott Firman — combined for one start at their positions entering the year. But it’s the group Syracuse must roll with after preseason All-American defender Nick Mellen, who started all but one game last season, needed season-ending surgery.Albany exposed Syracuse’s new defensive line last Saturday like Siena never could with skip passes and quick rotations. Now, No. 6 Syracuse (2-0) needs Molloy to be the antidote for inexperience by preparing and directing teammates for when Army (2-1) visits the Carrier Dome on Saturday at noon.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“(Molloy) is very local, which helps our defense play well as a unit,” SU head coach John Desko said. “He’s like a quarterback out there. Communication is important. … He’s been the strength of our defense.”The coach now heaping high praise passed on starting Molloy last season but reversed his decision after eight games. Immediately, Desko noticed, defensive communication improved. The fluidity of slides, second slides and recovers increased. Syracuse’s clearing improved from 88 percent to 93. “He really turned some things around for us,” Desko said.Molloy transitioned into the larger role midseason, leaning on senior stalwarts Jay McDermott and Brandon Mullins. This season, roles reversed.“I love playing for Evan,” redshirt sophomore Cunningham said. “He bails you out all the time and he’s very vocal. …. Even though usually we are in a good spot, he’s always reminding you where you need to be.”Molloy, though, cannot communicate what he does not see. But therein lies his strength as a goaltender, he said. Because Jamie Molloy, his father, introduced him to lacrosse in Manhasset, New York, at age 5, Molloy said he often recognizes offensive sets and angles.He compares it to playing football and walking to the line of scrimmage. You can’t exactly explain how you know the defense will blitz, but you yell to alert your teammates anyway. The confidence to direct as Molloy did last season as a career backup comes from Jamie. His father holds the career saves record at SU and still says, according to Molloy, that he could play wide receiver in the NFL. Projecting unfailing confidence has been passed down and now signifies one of Molloy’s strongest traits.“It’s just my IQ,” Molloy said of his strength in net. “I’ve been playing the game since I was 5. … I’m just a good leader inherently. I’m in the net and (defenders) hear my voice, their ears perk up. ‘He’s telling me something I got to do.’ Then they realize someone’s wide open in the crease.”The vocal and fundamental soundness reminds ESPN lacrosse analyst Mark Dixon of other great Syracuse goalies, such as John Galloway and Jay Pfeifer. The 6-foot, 176-pound redshirt senior’s frame, read-and-react style and steadying influence fit the archetype.The Orange needs a calming presence now more than ever. The experience has already hurt Syracuse two games into the season with struggles against Albany. When SU faced a 6-1 hole against the Great Danes, Desko shifted lineups by rotating Austin Fusco and Andrew Helmer at long-stick midfielder and even subbed off Cunningham for true freshman Nick DiPietro in long spurts. The defense clamped down and didn’t allow a goal in the next 30:38 en route to a 10-9 win. But Desko credited Molloy and his four second-half saves to cool a scalding offense and play SU back into the game.The result didn’t surprised teammates. And Molloy even less. But they know it’s only the beginning of the defense’s transition. Impromptu adjustments require time to normalize and, until then, Molloy will push Syracuse forward with direction from behind.“I have the best view because (defenders) are all focused on their men,” Molloy said. “Their back might be turned, but I’m in the net. I can see everything.” Comments
The news has not fallen well in the electoral office of the other candidate, Iker Casillas, who has put a letter via the official record of the CSD in which he requests an interview with Irene Lozano, with whom until now the former captain of the National Team had maintained direct telephone contact. Casillas’ last message to Lozano was conclusive: “I would feel very bad if the elections in the Federation are advanced,” which is what has finally happened. Casillas can still choose to move forward with his candidacy or not to present battle to Rubiales. The Higher Sports Council (CSD) has authorized the electoral advance requested by Luis Rubiales, president of the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF). The decision has been taken by the Secretary of State, Irene Lozano, after taking into consideration the legal reports of the State Law and the Administrative Court of Sport. The RFEF will call the elections next Monday and the elections will be held just before the European Championship, in the first half of June.