A judge says that a confession made by 35-year-old Rafaelle Alessandra Carbalho Sousa will be allowed at trial.Sousa is accused of abandoning her newborn baby in a dumpster in suburban Boca Raton last year, a Palm Beach County judge says.Judge Kirk Volker ruled that the confession made will be allowed at trial.The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said Sousa told investigators she delivered a baby girl on May 8, 2019, then wrapped the newborn in a plastic bag and put her in a dumpster at an apartment complex near Boca Entrada Blvd.Sousa’s lawyers wanted her confession to PBSO detectives thrown out, arguing that Sousa was not read her Miranda rights properly before speaking with detectives.Prosecutors argued it wasn’t necessary to give Sousa her Miranda rights at the time.Sousa has pleaded not guilty to attempted felony murder and child abuse.
New Delhi : The Lord’s Ashes Test witnessed drama on day four when Steve Smith was hit on the side of the neck by a 92 mph bouncer from Jofra Archer. Smith immediately fell down and there was concern but the batsman managed to get up. He retired hurt on 75 but resumed the innings afterwards to make 92. However, Smith suffered concussion symptoms and was withdrawn from the Lord’s Test to be substituted by Marnus Labuschagne. Following the blow, there has been heated discussions about making the neck guard in helmets mandatory. However, former India opening batsman Virender Sehwag has rubbished neck guards in helmets, stating that batsmen needed to rely on their skill. Speaking at the launch of a new mobile app ‘ The Selector’ in New Delhi, Sehwag said, “Why would you show your neck to the bowler? You have a bat in your hand and you have a helmet over your head. Make sure you don’t get the ball to hit your neck. I never even used a chest guard when I was batting.”The neck guards in helmets came up following the death of Australian batsman Phillip Hughes during the Sheffield Shield Game in Sydney on November 2014 when he was hit by a bouncer from Sean Abbott to the side of his neck. Ever since that time, the focus has been to improve the safety of the batsmen, with the ICC introducing neck guards but not making it mandatory.There was also debate on whether the bouncer should be banned following the incident but Sehwag, who brutalised bowlers all over the world and changed the mode of operation in Test match opening, was sympathetic to the bowler. When asked whether there should be a limit to the number of bouncers, Sehwag was curt in replying, “It is not that every ball bowled can be a bouncer. There is an ICC rule on the limit of bouncers that you can bowl. Leave something for the bowlers,” Sehwag said.‘The Selector’ app gives cricket fans not just the chance to make their own team but they can take decisions for the team as well via the app. Sehwag, on being questioned about the one decision that he would have made to help India avoid the World Cup 2019 semi-final loss to New Zealand, stressed on MS Dhoni’s batting position. Sehwag said that had Dhoni batted higher up the order, the pressure on Hardik Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja would have been less.“The team management should have promoted MS Dhoni up the order. The situation could have been steady. There was Hardik Pandya lower down the order who could have scored at eight or nine runs per over towards. Pushing them up the order would have created pressure on them. Dhoni, who has played over 300 ODIs, could have been ideal for the situation,” Sehwag said. highlights For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Steve Smith retired hurt when he was hit by a Jofra Archer bouncer.Phillip Hughes died in 2014 when he was hit on the side of a neck by a bouncer.The ICC has not made neck guards mandatory in helmets.
The second batch of nine athletes and four coaches will leave this week as soon as their visas are issued while the wrestling team comprising 12 wrestlers and four coaches will depart onÂ April 2, 2018.The XXI Commonwealth Games is scheduled to start onÂ April 4Â and run through April 15,Â Â 2018 in Gold Coast, Australia with 71 commonwealth countries taking part in the Games.Â Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Team Nigeriaâ€™s first batch of 70 athletes and coaches for the XXI Commonwealth Games left Abuja at aboutÂ 6pmÂ on SaturdayÂ aboard Emirates Airline for the Gold Coast, Australia as the Games Village formally opened for businessÂ yesterday.46 athletes in athletics, para-athletics, table tennis, para – table tennis, basketball, gymnastics, para powerlifting, weightlifting, boxingÂ and 17 coaches, loaders and helpers as well as seven medical personnel made the trip to the Games.The athletes were in high spirit at the time of departure as all allowances were paid to them. Each athlete received N15,000 per day for 21 days being the period of the last phase of camping. They were also given specific competition kit and equipment.
“These 26 million euros have been placed with a notary pending to see if the player continues,” the source who refused to be named told AFP.The renewal bonus was agreed on a year ago when Neymar extended his contract with Barcelona until 2021, and was due to be paid to the player after he completed a year.But the club has decided to put it on hold pending to see how the situation evolves.The contract Neymar signed also increased an early termination clause from 200 to 222 million euros, which PSG is reportedly willing to pay.Neymar’s future is the talk of Spanish football, and particularly Barcelona supporters.After a successful pre-season tour in the United States that saw Barcelona win against Juventus, Manchester United and Real Madrid, the footballer flew to China for a promotion trip.But he studiously avoided commenting on the situation.Barcelona players are expected to resume training today after their summer break, with a double session in the morning and in the afternoon.Neymar has been called to the training, the club source said, although Spanish sports media doubt he will show up.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Barcelona has blocked payment of a $31-million bonus for star attacker Neymar as speculation mounts that he will move to Paris Saint-Germain, a source at the club disclosed on Tuesday.The Brazilian football star who is due to come return to Camp Nou for training this morning is at the centre of an apparent tug of war between the two European giants in what would be the most expensive transfer fee in football history.Speculation is mounting that the 25-year-old could quit Barcelona for PSG for a world-record 222 million euros.